Go to navigation

News

6/12-6/17 is Senior Week!

Senior Week at the CDO

February 12th – 16th, 2018

Join us for daily workshops, information sessions, and special events geared toward helping seniors navigate life beyond Vassar.

Students from all class years are welcome!

Monday, February 12th

Matchmaking 101: Using the Vassar Network to Find a Job

12pm | Rocky 200

Attention Seniors with jam-packed schedules: Don’t let your lack of time get the best of your job search! As you prepare for your first steps beyond Vassar, the CDO can help you plug into specific resources to create a job search plan that works. Come discover strategies, timelines, and Vassar-specific resources to aid you in your search.

Pizza will be served, please RSVP on Handshake so we can plan accordingly

Tuesday, February 13th

What’s Love Got to do With It?: Understanding/Negotiating Job Offers and Benefits

12pm | Rocky 200

Not sure what a 401K or a deductible is? Unsure how to negotiate when you’ve received a job offer? Leslie Power, Manager, Benefits Program at Vassar College will be on hand to discuss these topics and more!

Wednesday, February 14th

Have a Loving Relationship with Your Bank Account: Budgeting for Life After Vassar featuring Alex Burke '07

1pm | Rocky 200

Do you feel unprepared to manage your money? Take charge of your future by learning the skills of personal finance. Understanding the basics of credit card agreements (and debt!), budgeting, saving, managing debt and insurance contracts can help you achieve your goals of traveling the world, giving to charity or taking time off. Presented by Alex Burke ‘07, owner of Financial Solutions Associates, a boutique financial planning firm near Boston, MA.

Thursday, February 15th

Love Where you Live: Renting Your First Apartment in NYC Featuring Ari Harkov '04 and Tedy Ma

12pm | Rocky 200

Join the Harkov Lewis Team's Ari Harkov '04 and Tedy Ma for a conversation on renting in NYC. They'll be discussing the 2018 rental market, including ways to sublease short-term and get the best bang for your buck. 

Non-Profit Careers Alumnae/i Panel

7:00pm | Ely Hall, Aula

As part of "Senior Week at the CDO", Vassar's Career Development Office invites all students interested in pursuing careers in the non-profit sector to attend this alumnae/i panel and networking reception. The first hour will be a panel designed to answer questions about pursuing careers at non-profit organizaitons and the remaining half hour is an opportunity for students to network with our alumnae/i over light refreshments.

Friday, February 16th

Love Your Life After Vassar tabling event | 11am - 3pm | College Center

Fun! Food! Future! Stop by and plan to “Love Your Life After Vassar!” We will have the following tables set up for students: 

LinkedIn Profile Headshots

Research shows that just having a picture makes your LinkedIn profile 14 times more likely to be viewed by others. Stop by to have a free LinkedIn headshot taken by a professional photographer! No registration necessary.

Ask a Counselor

Career Counselors and Career Assistants will be on hand to answer quick general questions.

Job Search / Handshake

Need help navigating job search resources? Not sure what “Handshake” is? Have all of your questions answered.

Bonus: sit in the Handshake chair for a picture to be added to our Instagram!

Graduate / Law School

Ask your pressing questions about graduate and law school!

The Vassar Network / Business Cards

Learn how to tap into Vassar’s very best resource, our alumnae/i! While you’re here, sign up to have a starter set of business cards made just for you! Perfect for interviews and networking!

Just for Fun

Need to de-stress? Pull up a chair and color, ask the Magic 8-ball your questions, play with silly putty and more!

Warm up with Hot Chocolate

Baby it’s cold outside! Stop by the hot chocolate station and warm up with a sweet drink.

RAFFLE PRIZES!

Stop by each table to increase your chances of winning great prizes. Including “job search survival kits”, gift certificates for professional attire and more!

Saturday, February 17th

Careers in Research/Science Alumnae/i Panel | 1pm - 3pm | Aula, Ely Hall

As part of "Senior Week at the CDO", Vassar's Career Development Office invites students interested in pursuing careers in research and/or the sciences to attend this alumnae/i panel and networking reception. The first hour and a half will be a panel designed to answer questions about pursuing careers in research/science and the remaining half hour is an opportunity for students to network with our alumnae/i over light refreshments.